Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Musical Genius: Paramore

   For many years I was unaware of Paramore, and I'm rather sad to say that in the commotion over the Twilight Saga was the reason how I found out about them. I don't know where, but I saw the video for "Decode" and I fell in love and have loved them ever since.

 
Decode by Paramore. Found on YouTube.
  
    Now that brief Twilight obsession I had compelled me to buy the DVD and the soundtrack, which I'm glad I bought because the soundtrack had another amazing song, titled "I Caught Myself". Now what do I do? I look them up and look at what other CDs they had. I bought Riot!. And then later they came out with Brand New Eyes and yeah. I loved them. And then the sad "breakup" happened.

 
Misery Business by Paramore. Found on YouTube.
A fan favorite. and one I've sang on Guitar Hero: World Tour many times. 
 
 
crushcrushcrush by Paramore. Found on YouTube.

 
That's what you get by Paramore. Found on YouTube.
The anthem of the heartbroken fans.
 
   I was always hoping for more and more music from them, but for a while I listened too the 2 that I owned and listened to them on YouTube and heard some covers they have done. Then, the day I heard "Monster" I was happy. It was similar to the vibe Brand New Eyes brought. And I liked it.

 
Careful by Paramore. Found on YouTube.
 
 
Ignorance by Paramore. Found on YouTube.
 
   Years went by. And then, just this year they came out with the single "Now". I was thrilled that there was going to be a new album. They sounded WAY different. I loved it. Not a lot of the other fans did. Anyway, I looked at their website and looked at every update. I was excited to hear that there was going to be more songs than ever on this one! It came out. I LOVED it.

 
Now by Paramore. Found on YouTube.

 
Still Into You by Paramore. Found on YouTube.


   Looking back at their work they have gradually changed, I can see that.. I believe it was a beautiful transition. Personally, I think they seem so much more personal now than ever before.

   Paramore is a great band. I love them. And if I didn't I'd respect them. I respect any band that withstands a breakup or losing members.

No comments:

Post a Comment