Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Book or Movie (SPOILERS!) : Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes/ Lemonade Mouth DCOM

    Ever since I found out the inspiring tale that I watched on Disney Channel I wanted to read this book. The movie was exciting and touched on things I love thinking about. I've always wanted to start a band, or really make a difference like they did. My best friend and I used to do the little lemonade gesture that they did during the song "Here We Go" that they did at the Halloween Bash.


I do not own this image. Found on Bing images.
     Anyway, on to the book. It was really good and really touching and made me cry. For one, Olivia's voice was supposed to be deeper and she was supposed to be known as "the fat girl". Which from a feminist perspective, I find it kind of fatphobic that they didn't stick to the description of her. Stella was supposed to be WAY taller and to cut her like too-her-butt long hair to a pixie cut and dye it green and play the ukulele. Charlie's look is supposed to change and he's supposed to be more reliant on coin flipping for his decisions. The book shows more into Mo's life and her dad's traditions and dealing with that, and that kind of turns me off about the movie. Then, Wen is supposed to wear glasses and play the trumpet and have a bigger reason to why he hates his dad's girlfriend. Charlie and Mo are supposed to end up together, and Lemonade Mouth, their sound is kind of a mix of a bunch of different genres more than it is in the movie. Like classical, jazz, rock, etc. Despite everything I still LOVE the movie, I just see them as very different.

I do not own this image. Found on Bing images.
    The story part, is WAY more touching in my opinion because you get to read it from each individuals perspective and personally doing it that way, it makes me feel like I am feeling what they felt in each moment and it automatically makes me love it more. I just love books, so I'm going to.

    So, I would definitely recommend the movie and the book, they're both amazing. But, out of the two the book is better.

(also there is a book sequel, I don't know how recent it came out but I'm going to be looking for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment